The motherboard also known as (Mainboard or Platform) is now ready to be installed in the computer case. Plastic and metal standoffs are used to mount the motherboard and to prevent it from touching the metal portions of the case.
You should install only the standoffs that align with the holes in the motherboard. Installing any additional standoffs may prevent the motherboard from being seated properly in the computer case.
Follow these steps for motherboard installation:
- Install standoffs in the computer case.
- Align the I/O connectors on the back of the motherboard with the openings in the back of the case.
- Align the screw holes of the motherboard with the standoffs.
- Insert all of the motherboard screws.
- Tighten all of the motherboard screws.