Optical Drive is installed into external 5.25 inch drive bay which is accessible from the front side of the case. An optical drive is a storage device that reads and writes information to CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays.
For IDE drives, Usually a Molex power cable provides the optical drive with power and a PATA (Paralell ATA) data cable connects the optical drive to the motherboard.
Foe SATA drives, a 15-pin cable provides power to the drive and a 7-pin cables transfers the data between drive and motherboard.
Follow these steps for DVD drive installation:
- Remove the external drive bay's cover located in front panel of the case.
- Position the optical drive so that it aligns with the 5.25-inch drive bay.
- Insert the optical drive into the drive bay so that the optical drive screw holes align with the screw holes in the case.
- Secure the optical drive to the case using the proper screws.
- Connect the right data cable and power cable to optical drive with IDE or SATA interface.